Friday, September 14, 20186:00PM – 10:00PM
Friday evening we kick off the festival with top-tier chefs serving up classic dishes, amazing cocktails and spirits, food and lifestyle exhibitors, live music, dancing, and good times.
New this year, we’ll be hosting a Friday Night Throwdown and Official Drink of Nashville competition! Come hang out for the ultimate happy hour party that your taste buds won’t forget.
Friday Night access is included with your All-In Ticket (sold out) or can be purchased as an individual ticket on our Tickets page.
FRIDAY NIGHT THROWDOWN
Join chefs Anne Burrell and Tim Love for a culinary throwdown as they go head-to-head in a spirited cooking demo and captain teams featuring celebrity sous chefs from the Nashville Predators and Tennessee Titans and emceed by Jessie James Decker.
Burrell and the Preds’ Roman Josi and P.K. Subban will battle Love and the Titans’ Taylor Lewan and Marcus Mariota as each team is challenged to create the ultimate meal from a surprise ingredient box. Come out and cheer on the hometown teams as they battle for bragging rights in the kitchen.
Our annual Chef Showcase features nationally-acclaimed talent and all the food you could want! Top chefs will be serving up samples of classic dishes that put them on the map. Say hi and get a taste! Each day offers a different lineup. Check out this year’s participating restaurants here and stay tuned for what day to catch them at the festival.
- Kahlil Arnold | Arnold’s Country Kitchen
- Carey Bringle | Peg Leg Porker
- Chris Carter & James Peisker | Porter Road Butcher
- Trey Cioccia | The Farm House
- Trey Cioccia | Black Rabbit
- Gerard Craft | Pastaria
- Bill & Tony Darsinos | GReKo Greek Street Food
- Nathan Duensing | Marsh House
- Matt Farley | Woolworth on Fifth
- Tony Galzin | Nicky’s Coal Fired
- Daniel Lindley | 5th & Taylor
- Crystal De Luna-Bogan | The Grilled Cheeserie Melt Shop + Food Trucks
- Sean McTiernan | Adele’s
- Kyle Patterson | Sinema
- Jess Rice | My Poor Tired Liver
- David Tieman | Five Points Pizza
- Murphy Vaughn & Chris Bowater | Silo
- Andrew Whitney | MStreet
- Tandy Wilson | Mop / Broom
MARTIN’S BBQ + FRIENDS
On Friday and Saturday, join Martin’s Bar-B-Que pitmaster Pat Martin as he hosts an unbeatable barbecue feast with a collection of chef buddies in Bicentennial Park. Guests are invited to meet Pat and the chefs and talk about their approach to low & slow cooking, and enjoy tastes of delicious food rotating throughout the day. Everything will be cooked over live fire.
WINE & SPIRITS
OFFICIAL DRINK OF NASHVILLE
Join us on Friday night for a competition that celebrates the spirit of Nashville and shines a spotlight on the city’s talented bartending community. Nashville’s best bar teams will mix, shake and measure to create this year’s essential Nashville cocktail. Enjoy bites from the city’s top chefs & restaurants, wine and cocktail tastings and a festive dance party.
- Joshua Doolan | Rosemary & Beauty Queen
- Gabriel Fuenmayor | Bar Sovereign
- Sally Gatza | L.A. Jackson
- J.A. Harrison | Noelle
- Akinde Olagundoye | Skull’s Rainbow Room
- Jacob Strawn | Gertie’s Bar
- Christopher Weber | Hemingway’s Bar & Hideaway
- Jenny Woods | Gray & Dudley
In addition to the 40+ exhibitors presenting top shelf beverages at the Grand Taste, Tasting Sessions are the perfect place to learn to drink like a pro. You’ll be led through tastings by expert sommeliers. Check out the Schedule page for more information on each session.
The Grand Taste give guests an exclusive chance to taste a diverse range of signature bites prepared by the best of the city’s culinary community alongside more than 80 international and national wineries, spirits purveyors, breweries, restaurants and other artisanal exhibitors.
Stay tuned for 2018 Wine, Beer, Spirits, and Food + Lifestyle Exhibitors, to be announced closer to the festival!
DJ Mel will be playing the hits all night long. When you’re taking a break from the delicious bites sips, demos and tasting sessions, be sure to join the dance party!