For those of you who weren’t able to join us at Harvest Night, we want to give you the chance to enjoy one of the sweetest treats of the evening. Land O’Lakes teamed up with Lisa Donovan to create this melt-in-your-mouth, salty, sweet, and all-around delicious dessert recipe, showcasing LAND O LAKES® European Style Super Premium Butter.
With a higher milkfat content than traditional butter, this butter has a creamier flavor and richer texture that elevates sweet and savory butter recipes. Chef Lisa’s Breadcrumb Shortbread and Dark Chocolate Ganache Sandwich Cookies are the perfect example.
View Land O’Lakes on Pinterest for other mouth-watering recipes made with European Style Butter!
Breadcrumb Shortbread and Dark Chocolate Ganache Sandwich Cookies
- 1 lb. LAND O LAKES® Unsalted European Style Super Premium Butter (2 cups/4 sticks)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs, toasted and coarsely chopped (preferably brioche)
- Sea salt flakes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz. bittersweet dark chocolate (about 67%), chopped
- 2 tablespoons LAND O LAKES® Unsalted European Style Super Premium Butter
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- Pinch Kosher salt
- MAKE THE SHORTBREAD. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle, beat butter and sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy. At low speed, add flour and 1 1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt and mix until incorporated. Add breadcrumbs and continue to mix until a dough is formed.
- Divide dough into 2 portions. Roll out dough, one portion at a time (keeping remaining dough refrigerated), between two pieces of parchment paper, to a ¼-inch thickness. Place cookie dough on cookie sheet and freeze for at least 15 minutes before cutting with cookie cutters.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cut desired shapes with 2-inch cookie cutters, making sure to have enough for two sides of the sandwich. Sprinkle each cookie with a small pinch of salt flakes (these will be the “top” of the sandwiches). Bake for 8-12 minutes until slightly browned around the edges. Cool completely.
- MAKE THE FILLING. Place whipping cream in 1-quart saucepan. Cook over low heat until bubbles form around outside edge. Remove from heat; stir in chocolate, 2 tablespoons butter, coffee granules and pinch of Kosher salt until smooth. Pour into small bowl; place small bowl into larger bowl of ice water. Stir occasionally 15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove bowl from ice water.
- Spread filling onto bottom side of cookie, top with another cookie, salt-side up. Let stand until filling is set.
Makes 30 sandwich cookies